Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hen night, work and taxi drivers

I haven't blogged for quite a bit, so naturally I have lots to say! Don't know how to start, but here goes:

Last night, I attended a hen night held in honour of church friend Grace. It was pretty fun. At first I thought it was going to be awkward cos some of the girls didn't know each other, but we enjoyed ourselves throughout the night. Grace's friend from UK was super on, and bought pink halter tops for all of us. She also made a badge that said "Grace's Angels" that we had to pin on our tops. Grace, on the other hand, got to wear a specially designed white halter that said something about her celebrating her hen night. She wore a crown of fresh flowers with a long white veil pinned to it. Sweet.

Of course, there were the forfeits - she had to kiss a guy on the cheek, get a guy to dance for us, pinch the butts of five guys etc...Which were pretty hilarious. Nothing sleazy. We ended the night at Bar None, where two groups of guys tried to crash our hen night. So irritating. One of them came to our table like 10 times and kept saying "thank you", apparently cos we helped to sabo their friend who was having a stag night at the same time. Then this sleazy guy volunteered himself on stage when the singer was asking for volunteers to have their butts pinched by Grace. Wah lau! Of cos, Grace's angels booed him off stage. AND THEN, he filled up this glass with hard liquor and wanted to force Grace to down it, but big sis Khimmy stormed up and snatched it away. Bar None was quite nice too - the waiter came, took the glass away and changed it for a new drink, which was on the house. Awww....

Another guy bought us champagne. I think he was saboed by this other friend (we'll call him Fat Boy), who I think was THE one who bought the drinks. When we go over to thank the guys, Fat Boy says: "aren't you going to invite us over to your table?" Aiyo.....so lame. Anyways, we all kinda ignored him and he kinda faded into the background after that.

So that's the hen night. I couldn't drag myself out of bed today for my 9.15 interview cos I hit the sack so late. I had to do four interviews at NUS early in the morning and I'm telling people I've been NUS-ified. So now, I can't think, and I'm going to read 8 Days, cos I have another NUS interview at 4pm. But I must say I enjoyed one interview with a famous fertility expert. He's so humble, so accommodating, so pleasant. Totally no airs, despite the four world-firsts in research that he has achieved. Don't you just love people like that?

These few days, apart from feeling unmotivated about work (you know why), I'm also thinking about my life, my family, my future bla bla bla. Counting down to the day that my sorta life-changing decision will manifest in black and white.

Such mixed feelings.

But for now, I'm just soooooo tired I wanna go home.

No comments: