Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tattoo Colour

Time to intro new music. Everybody, this is thai band Tattoo Colour. Reg&Andie chanced upon them during their holiday in Bangkok, think they heard some gals screaming or something, went over and fell in like with their music. Tattoo Colour plays a really interesting blend of music - jazz, pop, a bit of ska I think, some fusion too I think (I'm so bad at reviewing music!)...They are also technically so good. Fwah. But anyways, if I could sum up their music...it would be like this:
Perfect music on a lazy Sunday morning, when you'd want to feel perky but not so totally awake. Awake enough to bob to some funky rhythm and bass lines, yet at the same time, relish the space to watch the world go by in peace. Like a refreshing cup of tea for me.

Check out their myspace. I'm just so glad maro bought their cd for me from bangkok!!! And I'm glad my bro unwrapped it when I left it lonely on my table, in my pile of unlistened cds

5 comments:

Michelle-Lea said...

you got my attn at "funky rhythm and bass lines"!!! haha!

And pls girl...can you not 'orphan' your cds. tsk tsk! Always neglect them in some lonely corner.

Dawn said...

okok i'll watch august rush. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey darlin', there's a lovely lovely movie which I caught some time ago, which would surely resonate with you. Not sure if you've seen it. It's an Irish film called Once.

It's about passion for music, but done in a very understated, very un-Hollywood manner.

Thought of getting the DVD for you for your birthday, but it's too far away!

Here's one of its songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoSL_qayMCc&feature=related

Dawn said...

hey kartaly, thnks for the link. i watched it and i liked the song! :) i might go get the dvd. u think they rent it at videoezy?

Anonymous said...

Videoezy - hmm, I dunno! I think someone lent/gave it to us, so I'm not sure where it's available at.

Do you know that the two leads ended up together in real life?