Suicidal ideation
Glue-sniffing
Aggression
Gang fights
Parent-child physical fights
Child abuse (just recently)
And even, yes, even demon possession
Recently, colleagues have been saying "it's you leh, it's you lah..."
And apparently, there's a "dark cloud" that flits in and out of my cubicle (yes feli, even when you're gone, it seems to have returned!)
I don't know if being the crisis queen is a good or bad thing, but I thank God that He always provides at least 2 colleagues to be around for support, even after office hours. It's incredible, but it's true. I don't know how I would have done it alone.
What I would really like now is to be at the beach, sunbaking, and watching the waves roll in the sun. Even typing that previous statement is so soothing.
Yet, at the same time, it's not like I crave for it, because somehow my heart can't be settled until I am sure my client is in safe hands. But, I am glad that I can think of the beach, because it shows that I know how to take care of myself.
2 comments:
wow must have lots of feelings that's why got so much intersubjective..
self care is impt, to sleep, to slack, to forget that we are social workers.. hee..
cebu with jill and eugenie some time soon?
Post a Comment