Monday, September 08, 2008

less found

I've been experiencing a kind of restlessness within me lately...something about not being part of this world. I've always been freaked out by the concept of eternity, and I've been praying for some kind of revelation from Him up there, because eternity is not supposed to be freaky. But somehow, I just can't reconcile with the fact that nothing ends in eternity, because everything ends here, wherever I am. So, to know that there is a place out there where nothing ends, kinda scares me. It's simply, unreal. I was looking through my messy pile of cds a few minutes back, and re-read some lyrics of Brooke Fraser. Somehow, "C.S. Lewis Song", which she wrote and sang so beautifully...spoke to me, but I don't know why...I need to ponder a little bit more...

If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy, I can only conclude that I was not made for here
If the flesh that I fight is at best only light and momentary, then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared
Speak to me in the light of dawn
Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me
Am I lost or just less found? On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?
Is this a soul that stirs in me, is it breaking free, wanting to come alive?
Cos my comfort would prefer for me to be numb
And avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become
For we, we are not long here
Our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it
And I, I was made to live, I was made to love, I was made to know you
Hope is coming for me
Hope, He's coming


6 comments:

Michelle-Lea said...

Sweetie...I love C.S Lewis and that song...I've blogged on it a few times in fact. Here's the excerpt from C.S Lewis' "Mere Christianity" on which Brooke based her song upon. So cool how he expounds upon the topic of desire.:

"The Christian Way--
The Christian says, 'Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for those desires exists. A baby feels hunger: well, there is such a thing as food. A duckling wants to swim: well, there is such a thing as water. Men feel sexual desire: well, there is such a thing as sex.

If i find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probably explanation is that I was made for another world. If none of my earthly pleasures satisfy it, that does not prove that the universe is a fraud. Probably earthly pleasures were never meant to satisfy it, but only to arouse it, to suggest the real thing...."

Dawn said...

hey michie babes, thanks for the excerpt. it speaks to me :)

alixana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alixana said...

Hey dear, thanks for sharing the song. I managed to find the music video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo-e2BjICCY

The lyrics are really poignant. C.S. Lewis' writings are among my favourites, and this song is a beautiful expression of that passage moomoo pointed out.

Will be checking out her other songs soon.

Dawn said...

To ...
hey are u amy?

alixana said...

yup yup, it's me :)