Sunday, February 10, 2008

Music: Passion


L to R: Wu Jiahui (best known as singer of 一人一半), Eric Ng (producer/musician/songwriter), me (fan), Ngak (musician/songwriter).

I was at their Huayi gig last night and it was such a great joy listening to such passionate and good musicians. I really wished I was 19 all over again, the year that I discovered I was not bad at singing folk, that I could press my guitar strings properly, that I liked translating my feelings into songs (I even visited a music publisher to sell off my raw raw songs), that perhaps, just perhaps, I could sing and play somewhere.

Alas, like I've said so many times, I've no passion. Only like. So I never pressed on, never persevered, never pushed myself hard enough. Maybe if I didn't have to play keyboards for church, I would have done something about it. So every time I hear such good musicians living their dreams, I feel their euphoria by living vicariously through them.

I must really try harder. One more song to practise today!

No comments: