As leo dua me and had to attend another event, I almost had to watch Mayday in action - alone. Thank goodness belle decided to forgo her extreme tiredness, she turned up later on. I got into the queue outside the Indoor Stadium (see pic above), sat down on the *ahem* floor and started reading my counselling book while chewing on my chicken mayo sandwich from the nearby 7-11. It drizzled a bit, but I had my umbrella. HAHA.
I made a new friend K before we entered the arena, and that was a really cute experience. She's this 30-ish mother, pretty hip looking, who tapped me on my shoulder and asked if I was watching the concert alone. And then, we invited each other to sit side by side to enjoy the concert together. She was complaining that she missed Mayday last year cos she had to look after her newborn baby!!! Hahahaha. And she very hiong! She asked the security people if she could drink some beer at her seat, cos you know, being an ABC STOUT sponsored concert, drinks were sold at well, designated areas. She told me "For more than 2 hours, must be high a bit lah." Unfortunately for her, the rules didn't allow her to do that.
For a free ticket and free-seating, I must say I was VERY VERY lucky to be able to nab a seat just THREE ROWS away from the corner of the stage!!! WOOHOO!!! K and I were sooooo excited we started sms-ing pple to declare just how close we were to the stage. And you know what? Ashin looked at me later during the concert. I swear he did. :) It was pretty obvious that the audiences were mostly Mayday fans, especially all standing in the mosh pit (see above pic)
Although the highlights of the night mostly belonged to Mayday (see above pic), especially since that day was Ashin's 31st birthday (Dec 6), I personally felt that one of the best items that night was performed by Bobby Chen. He sang the powerful One Night in Beijing. SOLID. I even recorded it down.
Just to show you how close I was to the stage, THE BIG HEAD that you see in the pic above is mine. :) Last but not least, I wanna thank belle for introducing me to Mayday, and always being at Mayday concerts with me, even though we don't always sit at the same seats. In the past she got media invites, but this time, I was the one who secured the FREE TICKET ok! Haha.
Happy.
1 comment:
you're welcome :D i enjoyed myself tat night too... though was really super sleepy on the way back :P
and yes, finally, you got me the FREE TICKET for concert!!!!!
Post a Comment