Friday, December 01, 2006

At the stroke of midnight

Yesterday, at about 5 minutes to midnight, there was a guy waiting at the lobby gate for a resident of my block to flash that silly card to open the gate. Well, he was probably crossing his fingers for someone to come home so late at night. And that angel happened to be me.

He was holding a crumpled-looking yellow plastic bag containing what looked like a cake box. We stepped into the lift together and it turned out we were getting off at the same floor. Hmm...I thought to myself...I've really never seen this boyish-looking neighbour before. When we reached the corridor, he started searching for a unit, which happened to be next to mine. That unit is rented out, so the occupants are always different.

The next thing I knew, he sheepishly placed the plastic bag on the floor outside the unit's door, and took out the cake box. WAH....I think hor....it's a surprise for his girlfriend leh. And then, my grandfather's clock struck a resounding 12 times. And I realised, he was probably celebrating her birthday. Sho... shweeeet...

I was tempted to see the unfolding events (would the door open?), but I decided to be well, less kay-pee-oh, and closed my door. I really hope all turned out well :)

No comments: