Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It doesn't matter where you stand

My uncle is now staying at the same hospital as A, my hairstylist. A's condition is pretty bad, but he's keeping positive. Perhaps when I feel like it, I will talk more about A next time, cos after seeing him semi-immobilised, I feel really quite sad.

About my uncle the taxi driver. Here's how the accident happened:

At about 1am in the morning, he and his taxi driver friend B decided to stop their cars along the road somewhere in Bedok for a rest. B is sitting in the driver's seat, with the window wound down, while my uncle is standing next to that window talking to B. Along comes a volvo, helmed by a driver suspected of drink driving. Volvo crashes into B's stationary taxi, which on impact jerks forward to hit my uncle, who flies and hits the road facedown. I know I know, we all had questions about which angles the respective cars moved in, but my uncle can't remember a single thing cos he blacked out. He only knew he was talking to B, and the next thing was, he woke up in hospital.

When I saw him, I was very taken aback by his appearance, cos his face looked like it had been bashed up really bad by someone. Swollen face, blackened and puffy eyes (he can only open one eye now) and lots of abrasions. But thank God, internally, everything seems to be all right at this juncture. Doctors, however, want to keep him under observation.

Seriously, if not for B's car that cushioned the impact of the crazy Volvo, my uncle would not be alive today.

2 comments:

aberwyn said...

Is the volvo driver arrested or was it a hit and run?

Dawn said...

the last i asked, my uncle's family was not sure. but i think if the news is that it's suspected drink driving, then i think the guy mus hv been arrested...