Friday, August 04, 2006

the shoulder aches are back

I have this terrible habit of tensing my shoulders as I type, when I'm really busy and stressed out. And it's been happening this week. At 6pm earlier on - when I could be considered officially off work - I grabbed my bag and headed for this massage place at the basement of that neighbourhood mall nearby.

The "Richard" and "Ah Chun" whom my colleagues recommended were not around, so I had this Thomas give me a rub down. It felt damn good, especially in those two problematic spots. But I know tomorrow I'm gonna wake up with sore shoulders. Then I walked back to work to conduct a family counselling session. I told myself, it's gonna be a quick closing session, and then I'll be heading home for some wonderful Chinese dinner prepared by my mum.

Steamed fish, fried eggs with onion, pork stir-fried with capsicum. YUM.

About work:

I'm trying to handle the amount of paperwork there is and the rest of the important work I have to do. Today and yesterday, I must have typed at least 10 case recordings. Now I understand what it means not to chalk up recordings. No wonder I always see some colleagues furiously scribbling their case notes after each session. Really, if you don't, you will end up with piles of undone recordings. And then, you'll find you can't remember what transpired during the counselling session. And that's bad. Worse still, you can't remember the name of the person you counselled.

I'm really still in the adjustment period. For the moment, I think I've forgotten how to breathe!

Gasp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inhale... and exhale...

Think of a lush, emerald-green lawn, think of blue blue skies, think of your favourite cartoon strips... Hmm, what else?

Ok, I just got home from watching Old Boy - for the second time but it still leaves me disturbed. So I'm not exactly in the right mood to prescribe relaxation. But... miss you updating your blog for the past couple of weeks. Don't get too stressed at work, dear. *hugs*

Dawn said...

hellos kartaly, yeah, have been having too many things going on at night after work too...some to do with work, and some not. so i've been exhausted. hit the sack immediately when i get home! miss bloggin too. :) thnks for your huggies. hee