Saturday, April 01, 2006

the habit kicks in - again

After a six-month hiatus, the newspapers are finally delivered to my doorstep once again. And I heave a sigh of pure happiness. No longer do I have to climb the overhead bridge and trudge to that minimart to buy my copy of ST, making sure I don't go any time after 2pm. If not, I'll have to return empty-handed.

From today onwards, I will become a creature of habit once more. Mornings will mean a glass of milk and some news of the day in front of me. This means I will be reading the papers everyday, and somehow it's real comforting to know that.

I don't know how much news I have missed ever since I had to go downstairs to buy the papers. Afternoons and nights just ain't the right time to read them, so I simply scan the headlines of Page 1, skim through Life!, and then I'm done. From today onwards, I'm a little bit more knowledgeable again.

4 comments:

RealLifeReading said...

Why did it stop?

Dawn said...

erm long story...it's something abt being able to get free subscription as an employee of your company. explain to you one day :)

aberwyn said...

a glass of milk in front of the pc lah. can still read news online wat. no need to brave the aunties at the econ minimart.

Dawn said...

aberwyn: tis' not the same...tis' not the same...