Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Deny Deny Deny

Show: Grey's Anatomy
Episode: "Deny Deny Deny"

As I watched Cristina cry sudden explosive buckets today, while her fellow interns watched in horror, I couldn't stop laughing even as I teared - for her. Her usual steely demeanor gave way, and she finally cried - for the first time - for her lost baby and her lost fallopian tube. As her colleagues panicked because they didn't know what to do to stop her crying, and commanded Meredith not to touch her because "she becomes worse", I was chuckling aloud at this seemingly comedic moment.

And finally, Cristina shouts: "Someone, stop this crying! Sedate me!"

And I think, how many times have I felt that way. I wish I could end the crying in a fixed number of hours, or days, even. Be okay, let it all out and never cry anymore. But that would not be human. And perhaps, I am beginning to realise that it's ok to cry, that it's ok to let it all out for a long time. And not be sedated. Ever.

3 comments:

RealLifeReading said...

Yeah that episode made me sad, and also made me laugh. What a show!

Dawn said...

olduvai: yes, sandra oh is such a brilliant actress!

Anonymous said...

Yes i would like to do that actually. I wish i could do that.