Saturday, December 20, 2008

Here's to Health

FY recently found 5 lumps in her breast, and when I read about them on her blog, I was really quite taken aback. Thoughts that ran through my mind: should I call her? But maybe she doesn't want to be disturbed cos she's anxious enough already... so I thought I'd send her an SMS. What a relief it was to know, a few days later (actually just earlier in the day), that they were non-malignant. Yes, she can live and she can watch her son grow. This is my friend from sec sch, who is the same age as me this year - 29.

That night when I had read her blog, I started going through my list of good friends, and wondering what I would do if they died. And I couldn't sleep. I logged online, found Mich (yes dear old Mich whom I can trust to be online at that time of the night), and asked her how many people she knew had women's problems. I mean, a few people I know around my age have fibroids, funny hormonal issues and now, breast lumps. And I told Mich, in jest, I felt left out. She immediately berated me and said I was to celebrate my health. And I really agree.

For 2009, I am going to be healthy. By effort.
- I am going to continue to take good care of my neck and back.
- I am going to eat more fruits and vegetables. This means at least one fruit every morning for breakfast.
- I am going to make sure I swim every Monday. And if I can, briskwalk every Sunday.
- I am NOT going to let work take control of me. It's my life that I'm living.

I really really want to celebrate my health.

2 comments:

Michelle-Lea said...

You can't swim at Seng Kang pool on Mon. You have to go Hougang! haha!

Anonymous said...

To health! To life! To perfectly perky and wholesome healthy breasts!!!

Yammmm seng :)

We both really must try harder not to let work get the better of us, OK? :)