Saturday, November 03, 2007

I feel like a government ministry (and I can't draw Spidey)

I've never been a good multi-tasker, but the last two weeks have called for tonnes of multi-tasking. My brain has effectively been split into so many departments I feel like a government ministry.

I've been rushing to complete session plans for Nov's groupwork, prepare for three presentations (2 with colleagues, 1 with parents), conduct counselling, type case reports, type reports for the courts, arrange for drumming for the boys, coordinate stuff with the volunteers (the kayaking fell through, so sad), count stats for the school... Basically, I've been worrying about all things in limbo. Yes, in limbo, that's the catchphrase of the week. Thank goodness the parents support group is over, but now I have to worry about buying transparent umbrellas for the groupwork (we're trying to inject creative arts therapy this time, which will be fun!) Let's hope Daiso has enough for us!

And now, I'm trying to breathe. Literally.

Am I glad that in this flurry of activities, I couldn't draw Spidey. I couldn't draw Spidey, and the 14-year-old boy laughed. Like laughed real hard, and I laughed real hard too. Spidey was my gift to him, a clumsy gift that I drew for him, at the end of our therapeutic conversation. Thank you for your laughter, A. I really appreciated it.

No comments: