Tuesday, November 06, 2007

kairos

I was thinking...
If I were still a journo, this would be my fifth year as one.
If I had been a social worker from the start, this would be my fifth year too.
(It has now been one year eight months. How time flies.)
And maybe, I would even be given the title senior social worker too.
I guess it's kinda how I'm a few years behind others, yet I'm behind for a reason. I have a good honours degree, a graduate diploma, but I'm still behind in some ways.
Thinking about it makes it sucky sometimes, and I wish I could say, it's all worth it. But that would be so fake.
So how should I put it?
Yeah, I should embrace The Present Moment.
The mini-kairos is rich and complex. And I need to appreciate it.
If I follow chronos, The Present Moment would fly past so fast it would be depleted and totally consumed.
I have to embrace The Present Moment, for all it's worth. And in all aspects.

5 comments:

RealLifeReading said...

I kinda know what you mean. But at least you knew that it was time to get out, and you did! :P
I think I'd rather be behind and happy than ahead and hating it.

Dawn said...

yeah... i'd rather be happy too... but you know right, sometimes when you start thinking, you wish you weren't behind. oh well, can't please myself all the time! thanks for your comment gal :)

Anonymous said...

God's kairos moment? did you just have a sermon on that? :)

~ w

Dawn said...

w: it wasn't a sermon... it was actually taken from a chapter written by Daniel Stern, who believes in the present moment. i read him for a creative arts therapy course. interesting huh? cos kairos is a Christian concept too :)

alixana said...

I guess it's kinda how I'm a few years behind others, yet I'm behind for a reason.

And think it's a good reason. Sometimes you need to try other options before you can say with any certainty that that this is what you are meant to do. Wishing you weren't behind is natural - just don't let that stop you from moving ahead! :)