Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry oh Harry...

Five Harry Potter books in two weeks...
I read in the train,
Read at lunch,
Read in the toilet,
Read before bed,
Read and read...

And now I'm wondering whether I should pre-order the last book...
It's damn ex lor!

Sigh...

As for the movie Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, it really falls short of the standard set by the book. I don't blame the movie lah... I've always been one who prefers the rich detail offered by the book. It's always better left to the imagination isn't it? So the movie, well, falls short...

4 comments:

alixana said...

Don't bother pre-ordering. Be a bit patient - within a couple of months the price of the book will drop at least 20 or 30%. That's what happened for the past two books (and one major reason why I did not bother buying book 6!).

sooty said...

the books are always waaaay better!!! the movies are no biggie although i think they're entertaining enough lah. i can't wait for this saturday!!! i think no need to pre-order, can just buy from borders or kino direct on the day itself, i'm sure they'll have a lot a lot of stock. i'm sure ur neighbourhood malls bookshops will have also! i'm definitely going to buy on saturday itself...i can't wait a couple of months ahaha... and i'm going to get the scholastic hardcover version although it's super ex (60+ i think) but all my others are the same version so it needs to match. eugenie also like that. u mean this is the first time u're reading harry potter?????? dawn!!!! where have u been these past years??!??!?!!? ~w

Dawn said...

aime: i pre-ordered liaos... tho i know the price of the book will drop... after all, i bought the first six books at three for the price of two! then again, i'm like 10 years late! hahaha!

sooty: uhmm...well, i read the first two books when they first came out. but somehow they couldn't sustain my interest leh... until recently when i felt like i really needed to read something... something continuous! and i just got hooked! so weird... wah you ah... scholastic version damn ex leh...

Unknown said...

Harry Potter is the only thing I read :)) I've had the latest book for all of 3 weeks now and I've only read 1 chapter. That's how long I can sit still for. Heehee. I have all 7 of the Scholastic version. It's so much nicer! It's the little details like the pictures and the embossing on the cover that make the read a lot more pleasant.