Saturday, July 14, 2007

an eye for a guy

It's so funny how almost everyone has been asking me if I have a guy in my life - including a 13-year-old girl I'm counselling. Today she looked at me, and in an almost inaudible whisper, said: "Can I ask you something? Have you ever thought of getting married?"

(Hey, of course man, what'd ya expect?)

Thoughtfully, I asked her: "Why?"

She replied, looking at me with her innocent eyes through her thick glasses: "Cos har...I've been thinking har...what kind of a guy you would like..."

(At this point in time, I feel like I've been "stupefied" by a wizarding spell, all thanks to too much Harry Potter I've been reading...)

This girl sometimes stumps me with the most adult questions and comments, quite contrary to the childlikeness she portrays to most others.

I thought again. And replied: "I really don't know, you know..."

She looked at me, curious. I have a feeling she's still trying to come up with a guy she thinks might suit me.

Funny girl :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

muhahah must be that yy..loony gal.. she is quite cute.ya if u find any cute ones do go ahead...(i mean guys)~bttm