Change is such a scary thing, yet it can be as welcome as a breath of fresh air.
I get this email sent to everyone in my division probably once every week. It lists who has resigned and who has joined. Without fail, there are always people leaving and people coming on board.
While they are usually just names that mean nothing to me, I wonder about the decisions that these faceless - former and present - colleagues have to make during such transitions in their lives. It seems all to easy to appear as just a statistic that makes up the employee strength in the company.
Amazingly, judging by the afore-mentioned prompt emails I receive from my company, there are people making transitions constantly! And I always tend to think I'm the only one contemplating that decision that will make or break me. How like the frog in the well.
At the same time, I also feel awed by the fact there there are so many human beings around me, making such momentous decisions daily. Isn't it incredible?
It's like the scene I watched in the X-Men movie where the Professor wheels into this special enclosure, puts on some kind of head gear that tunes in with the world, and he hears and sees the billions of people going about their daily lives.
The chattering is simultaneous, incessant and simply alive. It's amazing how God created us to be.
Friday, May 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think your bungy jump shows you can take a leap of faith in other areas of your life. ;-) Nice entry,wish you were joining us tonight!
I'm back!! Lunch tomo?
Post a Comment