Turning 18 in a month, he is now at least a head taller than me and he speaks to me like a mature young man. Back then when I was handling his case, he was presenting so many challenges - suicidal risk, manifesting distractions, "seeing things" etc... But yesterday, he was so much more grounded and congruent with himself.
I had always known he had this ultra-sensitive side to him, and I'm glad I tried my best to enter his reality and connect with his sensitivity. I really feel a lot for him. I know his road ahead will not be easy, especially with a stigmatising history behind him. But I know he is resilient enough to journey with himself. You go tall guy!!!
*Perks of staying long in my job? The reward of return visitors like him.
1 comment:
hey woman, it's really great that you find your job satisfying and it's obvious that you love what you do very much. i'm happy that you're doing something you enjoy! :)
Post a Comment