Saturday, December 19, 2009

Twilight saga - it is finished


When the Twilight saga first hit the big screen with droolsome Robert Pattinson as the gloriously handsome vampire Edward Cullen, I did not even give it a second look. Vampires? Gross. Probably give me nightmares. And then someone working at Kinokuniya donated a huge pile of books to my office, and I saw two books (of the four in the Twilight series by author Stephanie Meyer) lying there, looking deceptively boring.

I thought, what's all this craze about the movie? So I started reading the first book, and that was it. I raced through all four books within a week and ended looking much like a vampire myself - dark rings under my eyes. Of course, I would not even qualify as a vampire if you go by the books' standards - you had to be achingly beautiful. But anyways...

My verdict:
* First book <Twilight> - mesmerising [I was totally taken by the author's descriptive storytelling.]

* Second book <New Moon> - whiney...oh so whiney...she pines and pines for him

* Third book <Eclipse> - interesting...history of werewolves and vampires will appeal to the guys

* Fourth book <Breaking Dawn> - pulsating, gripping, lots of action (not just love-making), the best...

++++++
And now, to introduce a term coined by my cousin, the queen of all things lame.

What do you call a half-human-half-vampire?
Ans: Vamby


*And with the saga ended, I'm flying off!!! Bye world :) Happy Christmas in advance...

No comments: