Today's therapeutic discussion as we huddled in the cubicle, touched on grief. Grieving over the estrangement and loss, something I had never been aware of before. When old birds provide clarity, their words can hit the cry button and the tears never stop flowing. Burdened love indeed. If you love, you get hurt. If you don't love, he gets hurt. It's a situation of tension - you move in, and then you move out when it gets too close for comfort.
Yet, she gave me hope when she said that as the years pass, and the tension continues, the relationship only gets stronger. She is the old bird, she should know right? Hope is good, hope fits for me.
I just hope I don't wake up with swollen eyes tomorrow.
1 comment:
I love old birds. Take care, although I was reminded of you as I'm listening to some cool emo songs. I send to you thru' email.
bttm
Post a Comment