Saturday, July 04, 2009

Bliss

After a really hot and tiring morning kite-flying at Marina Barrage, Neo and I set out on our way for a thirst quencher. It had to have bubbles and all that pizazz, provide enough sugary sweetness and give the kick that parched throats were begging for.

She said, coke.
I said, no, root beer!!!
She said, yes! Or vanilla iced earl grey.
To which, I replied huh? Then realised it was my beverage of choice from Coffee Club - iced earl grey tea topped with vanilla ice-cream. Ooo...yum. I felt like I was soaking in a huge cool lake in Autumny Scotland just thinking of it.

So, we reached KFC, and we decided to share one regular root beer. I paid half - just 90 cents - and asked for an empty cup. She split the drink into two cups, popped the straws in and we took our first precious sip at a table in the fast-food restaurant.

AAAHHHHHHHHHH...

I had to stroke my chest while saying it.

We both looked at each other and laughed.

From the corner of my eye, I spotted a middle-aged mother looking at us bemusedly.

That moment was pure bliss. Unimagined, and random. Life would be more liveable if it had more such moments, wouldn't it?

+++++++++++++

Bliss-ful moments are different for everyone. But they sure make living worth living. Here is good friend dsd's moment of bliss.

No comments: