-To be aware of what is in the unconscious
-To acknowledge that it is ok for me to feel this way, even though I don't like to feel that way
-To appreciate the connections between my problems, the cause and effect of them
-To accept what has happened, and what is
-To act, to change...to accept what fits, and to put away what doesn't
My understanding of Virginia Satir's beliefs is as above. I want to be in touch with myself, because I need to. Many people don't dare to get in touch with their yearnings, of being validated/accepted/loved, because it makes them feel so naked and vulnerable. So they escape. I'm glad that my journey of growth is still continuing. I will never be 100 per cent congruent. But I'm working towards that. And through it, I hope to impact the ones I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment