Sunday, March 01, 2009

家常便飯

On the menu:
- Fried egg with chai por
- Diced chicken marinated in sauces, stir-fried with onions, ginger and chilli
- Assam fish
- Sweet potato leaves, fried with sambal chilli and dried shrimp

I had some colleagues over for dinner (and me bro joined us too). Was a bit stressed out over cooking for all of them, but I managed to pull it off, tho the sweet potato leaves could have been more moist. Help from mother came unexpectedly in the morning, when I woke up to see all the chopping done, and the ingredients separated neatly for me so that I wouldn't get all confused. And, she left me alone after that. I'm proud of myself. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah, you quite pro leh...you even got yourself a prep cook. Haha.

But well done! Next time we cook together ok? :)

Anonymous said...

Dawnie, it looks wonderful! Congratulations :)

Dawn said...

haha thanks girls.
dsd: yar i got a prep cook! hee hee. and yes we will fix a date to cook. i'll get back to you very soon on that.

Michelle-Lea said...

what are sweet potato leaves? I got eat before not?

RealLifeReading said...

chai por neng! yum yum! Now I have to go and see if I can find chai por here! Your picture is making me hungry (although I just had breakfast)

RealLifeReading said...

chai por neng! yum yum! Now I have to go and see if I can find chai por here! Your picture is making me hungry (although I just had breakfast)