I watched Crowd Lu Guang Zhong live at the Esplanade on Saturday. He was fab. So funny, quirky, dorky, smart and super talented. I really wonder how he processes stuff in his head. His songs are inspired by the most everyday things in his life, he says. One song (not in the album I have) was inspired by his college housemate forgetting to wake him up for class. Another song (which he says is pretty crap but that he might possibly compile in one album with all the other crap songs he has written when he first started composing) was inspired by the noodle seller forgetting to put an egg into his bowl of noodles. How cute. Quotable quotes of his that really cracked the audience up:“吃早餐是一個很搖滾的事情!” (Eating breakfast is such a rockin' good thing!) He raised both hands up in the air with the rocker "I Love You" gesture and ROOOOAAARRED!!! Hahahahahaha. This was his introduction to one of his songs about eating breakfast. In yet another funny intro, before he sang this song that required him to hit a really high falsetto note, he said "當我唱到海豚音時,躲!” (When I reach the part where the falsetto is the highest, HIDE.) In singing jargon, we call that a whistle, the kind of really high note that Mariah Carey is famous for hitting. And you know what? He did it so excellently. But the funniest part was, he launched into this whole philosophical parallel of his singing with Life. Let me just type that in English:
"Life is like hitting that super high note. As you get higher and higher in life, you get scared that you can't hit the note. So you try your best, and before you know it, you're already there. Somehow." Yeah. I think so too. So dear all, remember to eat your breakfast and try your best in life. Somehow, you'll get there! Love you Captain Lu!
6 comments:
Haha! I love this post. Yes, I will eat my breakfast too!!
He's such a funny guy. Haha. I first heard him when I saw his MVs on cable. Remember trying to get hold of his album and the shops here haven't stocked him yet. =P Ooh, breakfast, I'm so hungry now.
hey bik i had a hard time getting his cd. had to go to 3 shops cos they were all sold out! i heard he's whistling on Cheer Chen's latest cd. u got that cd? nice or not?
Only have his first official full-length CD; don't think any store has imported his singles/EPs before the album. Didn't know he was on Cheer Chen's (who in heavens is that?) new CD. =P
cheer chen is chen qi zhen :) you like her.
hmm sounds cool, u shld send more link of this guy over ~ bttm I need more new songs...
Post a Comment