Just recently, yuen lin decided to cook for me, belle and ethan mummy, at ethan mummy's place. The menu comprised (1) watermelon salad (with sprinkles of fetta cheese, yum), (2) chicken in honey-lime marinate, and (3) fried mushrooms with bacon. The most fun part of the meal was - and I never thought I'd admit it - the preparation. Because I was involved! It's a bit weird, but this year, I've kinda decided to prepare simple meals for myself, and really simple ones like tuna salad, or salad with crabstick and stuff. I would head for the supermart after work, choose my veggies and stuff, and head on home to whip up my really simple meal. I don't know, but it's somewhat like, I want to cook now. For health's sake, and fun's sake. Although yuen lin's meal wasn't exactly healthy - what with sizzling bacon - but it was still homecooked. Not by my mum, but my friend. And prepared, partly, by me. I really loved the fresh salad dressing of Chinese parsley, mint leaves and olive oil.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
A lovely cookout
Just recently, yuen lin decided to cook for me, belle and ethan mummy, at ethan mummy's place. The menu comprised (1) watermelon salad (with sprinkles of fetta cheese, yum), (2) chicken in honey-lime marinate, and (3) fried mushrooms with bacon. The most fun part of the meal was - and I never thought I'd admit it - the preparation. Because I was involved! It's a bit weird, but this year, I've kinda decided to prepare simple meals for myself, and really simple ones like tuna salad, or salad with crabstick and stuff. I would head for the supermart after work, choose my veggies and stuff, and head on home to whip up my really simple meal. I don't know, but it's somewhat like, I want to cook now. For health's sake, and fun's sake. Although yuen lin's meal wasn't exactly healthy - what with sizzling bacon - but it was still homecooked. Not by my mum, but my friend. And prepared, partly, by me. I really loved the fresh salad dressing of Chinese parsley, mint leaves and olive oil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
next time invite me leh. i also want to pick up cooking. i don't care if it's a girls' night out. i'll come in a skirt if you let me in. xy, lend me yours. :p - kb
wah kb... of cos we don't mind lah. then u can show off ur cooking skills to ur girl. haha.
KB, I like my skirts. So I don't want them violated. Ask Ghims to lend you hers.
YL the domestic goddess! Champers! I also want...
Oh well, I shall go comfort myself with some pineapple tarts instead. Happy CNY everyone!!!
oh gosh it's a cooking season for everyone. I don't really wanna cook, but I have to eat everyday. I missed the hawker centres ~bttm
hey can't wait to taste your cooking sometime. i'm sure you'll be so good at it in no time! :)
Post a Comment