Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ridiculous Life

For the past few days, I have been living a Ridiculous Life. It is part of the job to be on suicide alert, but I've been told that the intensity of the crisis cases I've been handling over the last 2-half years in this job, is much more than that handled by the senior staff.

The other day, my boss actually looked at me, and said: "How come it always happens to you? Have you ever wondered? Do you think God is trying to mould you or something?"

Seriously, I don't know.

But the past few days have been damn shit. 

I want to switch my mobile phone to silent mode so that I can get a peaceful sleep. But I know I can't, because my colleagues are leaving their mobile phones on so as to receive my emergency calls in the weirdest hours of the morning. If they are supporting me in this way, I must also fulfil my professional responsibility.

But, I.AM.SO.TIRED.

People say it's so noble of social workers to give their all. But really, I'm quite up to my limit. I'm doing all I can to contain it. I really hope peace comes soon.

I may be single. But I still need my space and my family.

These few days are a Ridiculous Life.

4 comments:

RealLifeReading said...

Hang in there!

alixana said...

Hang in there dear. Am keeping you in prayer!

Remember: "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. (2 Cor 12:9-10)

and

"For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness", made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." (2 Cor 4:6,7)

Even so, I pray that you will be able to get some rest soon. *hug*

Anonymous said...

hey yo.. suppt suppt jus get suppt and if need be just tell the head u need a break cos it's too intense. we r mere human.... more precious to keep our sanity. tink u can forget abt wondering y its always u, sometimes it could be the good relationship u nurtured w clients that allow all these to be expose at the right time. u r a woman for the moment. ~bttm

Anonymous said...

i'm just a sojourner but i must say that the work you are doing is not in vain.

38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Rest well