
These are my boys, my percussion boys. Through them, I've gotten a taste of what it's like to be an artiste manager. Haha. They need a plaster for the blister on their hand (after playing too much drums), I help them get it. They need water, I help them get it. They need someone to look after their PSP, I help them do it. Their favourite phrase? Ms D, blanjah blanjah (ie treat us to food - I don't really know how to spell the word) It's been such a joy to watch them grow over the last year, although they stormed quite a bit for the first 6 months. People dropping out, people fighting (physically), people getting into some trouble. But today, they are quite grown up, though not quite there yet of course. One of them decided not to go home with his siblings because he wanted to stay back to help me carry the drums back that night. So sweet.
I don't think I've ever felt so human in any other job. Connection - that's the oft-used word by the people I work with. I never knew that connection was so important to me, and to the world out there. God created us to be connected. It is inbuilt in us, it is something we can never do without. Yet, because of connection, my own issues are triggered through the resilient but wounded mothers I talk to, the young but broken children I speak with...
Today, I woke up with great pain in my heart. God, I only want you to acknowledge that pain. Like I was telling a friend today, I'm beyond complaining and I have no need to, because I know everything happens for a reason. I'm not sure how I ever reached this stage in my life, but I know I have. It's a bit surreal, but I'm somewhere there. Yet, I hurt.
God, tell me you know.
4 comments:
This post got me all teary. I had a similar thought in my head the past week. How connection with people is so very impt to me.
:)
go go michie babes
Go where?
u r in the right job gal ~bttm
Post a Comment