Two youths (both 16-year-old girls) called me out of the blue, and wanted to chat. One had a problem with her family, and the other, just wanted to ask how I was. Wow.
At my centre, one 14-year-old boy kept on announcing that he didn't want a birthday present even though his birthday was tomorrow. He, like, announced it a million times. Fellow social worker and I deliberated for a while if we should give him a present today or the day after his birthday (yes, we deliberate over such things cos it's very delicate business we do), and we decided he would feel more loved receiving it today.
She scrounged for a pressie while I did up an impromptu card. He loves to be called Bob, so I found a Bob Marley picture and pasted it on the front. And then I pasted his picture on the back. And he was so so so so so so happy, he shook my hand to thank me and fellow social worker.
And that really made my day.
I love these kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment