As I left the office, my colleague shouted: "I hope you find a hunk at the pool!"
Another said: "Why don't you go to the Sengkang pool? XXX (referring to my Sec 2 boy) always goes there!"
Like hello? I'm not gonna face my student in a semi state of undress. It's just weird.
Ok wait, what's my point? My post today is about men, and it takes inspiration from my colleague's hope that I find a hunk at the pool. Seriously? That's like far from my mind. My prevailing mindset about men is that they are, in essence, assholes. Even the most godly ones, in essence, may go wayward. It doesn't help, of course, that more and more men I see (Christians even), are just so easily distracted and unreliable.
Yet, even as I say that, I know that it would be nice to have a partner. I would have a love-hate relationship with men, that's how I would put it. And I would have a love relationship with God my Father, who will forever remain a constant in my life.
That's why, in the meantime, I would still entertain random phonecalls from Kartaly. Like the most recent one last month.
Kartaly (very very excitedly): Hey! W and I are thinking of holding a party for our single friends! If you come, you will have to bring a single friend of the opposite sex.
Me (quietly): errrrrr.....
Kartaly: C'mon!!! It'll be fun!!! See, there is quality control because we are bringing people we know!!! SO WILL YOU COME OR NOT??? We've got so many eligible single friends, so we thought we would to do something about it!!! You're not the only one we're gonna ask you know...
After talking a bit, she decides she would refine her plan and get back to me. And she does. And really, Kartaly, you are the only one who takes this intro-people business seriously. You say, you intro, and you follow up. You're the best. Thank you, girl. Hahahaha.
14 comments:
You can bring me along. Heehee. Or must you bring a single of the opposite sex?
oh one of my best fren done this before. her hub called all his single guy frens, she got all of the gals along.. hmm i dunno wat to comment, when we knew abt the "good intention". Sometimes u wonder why can't u meet a man in a more romantic way... ~bttm
Having been set up by kartaly before, I also have to say, yeah, got follow up. Although it didn't work, it was pretty fun.
(Although of course dsd, you and monoceros are still the best matchmakers)
dsd: of cos i'll bring u along! tho, i think i need to prepare myself mentally first. i'm not sure if i'm ready to face such a crowd. it's intimidating! so yeah, i have not promised i would go.
bttm: HEYO!!! i think one has to be pretty self-assured to attend such big crowd affairs.
olduvai: yes, you have been one of the beneficiaries of kartaly's efforts. she should set up a dating agency right? hahaha. and of cos, dsd and monoceros are still the best - for you. hahaha.
Ok, now I'm embarrassed... Hahaha.
no kartaly, you're not embarrased. you're being luurved :) MUAKS.
You could rent me if nec lah. i know how to play ball. if got lousy guys, i can help you fend them off. if got cute guys, i will tell them all the good things about you. we're friend friend. i give you good rate. call me. you know my number.
wah kb, good idea. how much u charge? eh u partnership with kartaly leh...good sideline... she open party, you rent your body, oh, i mean, physical presence. haha.
Yeah KB. How 'bout it? We quit ST, I set up agency, you rent body, we all happy.
yeah, call the company "Happy Bodies". the slogan will be "You Happy, I Happy, Everybody Happy Bodies"...
while i know you girls obsess incessantly about my body, my brains and personality are also necessary in such settings to be able to sniff out the cool guys for dawn and repel the obnoxious ones from her. right, now dawn, i'm still waiting for your phone call. no, don't bother calling ben. my rates are better than his.
wah, u say until like that kb, i think i need to find you liaos. seems like u're the most value for money... unless ben has something to say abt it...
This is a little late (ive been busy lah!) but I just want to say some words of encouragement! Believe me i've met my fair share of assholes, and I guess looking at it from a positive point of view, these "bad" experiences make you all that more appreciative when someone good comes along - and that someone good will come along, esp when I see that you have friends trying to set you up :P. Must catch up the next time I'm back in Spore!
cami, thnks :) and u've found ur someone good! haha. yeah we must catch up man.
Post a Comment