Thursday, June 05, 2008

just thinking when there's no space in the brain

I am really getting tired more and more easily. Maybe it's because when I need to multi-task, my brain just starts losing steam. I was just telling a colleague today that maybe I need to have a kid to build up brain stamina, but then again.

It's 8.55pm now, and I really want to rest my brain, soothe it with sleep balm. I wonder why I'm so tired? No space in my brain, yeah. If I'm going to squeeze one more thing inside, it's just so going to fall out. I want to take leave again.

Just a side note: I visited a Drug Rehab Centre today with my youths, and when the 28-year-old prison officer (who prob has only a poly dip) said he was earning $2.5K per month, my colleague looked at me and said: "He's earning more than us." And I felt sian man.

But I know I know, I might only understand it fully much much later. But it still sucks. And that's why, I force myself to go home by 6.30pm.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

but you've always been very tired! ;) especially when there's more than one conversation going on simultaneously, your brain can't process! heehee. we still love you!

pay aside, i think you're doing a good thing when you pick a job based on passion not pay. i support you! morally. R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Michelle-Lea said...

Hey dear, I second that! :) You're making Christianity relevant to the needs of the world. Remember what Mraz said, "Live High, live mighty, live righteously!" *hugz*

Dawn said...

haha eug, actually it's true. i'm always tired! jialat. but recently even more tired, cos i've proven to myself that i can't handle too many details in my puny brain. in other words, while i can force myself to do coordination work, i find it totally and absolutely disgusting.

anyways, thanks girls for the encouragement. haha.

kopigirl said...

hey i agree! We are never going to be satisfied if we keep looking at our job with respect to the money it brings, because there's always going to be a better paying job somewhere else! But this better paying job would also bring more stress, less satisfaction, etc etc etc. (that is, if you had gone into something other than social work)

you're working for your passion, your calling. not for money. Ok? :)

But having said that, er, yah it always sucks to hear about other higher paying jobs that don't seem as hard. I hear you sister.

PS: come work for my school? hehehehehe