Sunday, May 25, 2008

i love my church


S held his wedding at CHIJMES last night, and I sat next to J. My church musicians played for him, as he sang his Chinese composition on stage. I mean, the team playing for him is the team that I play with for Sunday services, and I absolutely love them. I love them for their excellent musicianship, I love them for their heart of worship, I love them for inspiring me.

Suddenly J turned to me and said: "Don't you think RiverLife Church is blessed with such a great worship team? It's not just the musicianship, it's the synergy you know..."

And I couldn't agree more. Really, it's synergy that's so special. While we love to play and live music, we love God and we centre everything on him. We love our audience because we know that we are placed on stage to lead them into worshipping God. And then J looked at me again and said: "I really love RiverLife Church, and I've never felt this way about the other churches I've attended!" And I really really couldn't agree more. :)

So anyways, here's a video I took of S singing Mark Schultz's 1,000 Miles to his bride D. S is that wonderful singer-producer who helped me record my Chinese composition Ode to Paper Aeroplane, some time back. He recorded an album of original Chinese compositions for all the guests at his wedding dinner. How cool is that? Yeah, anyways, he sings damn good. So here it is. Click here to watch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, you look really pretty in the black dress! Damn sexy lor ;) Put up a bigger photo of yourself so we can all ogle...

Dawn said...

hahaha. wah kartaly complimented me leh...u can click on the montage to see the pix big big :)

Anonymous said...

Its really good to have people that loves their church a whole lot. From Jer and his friends and you too also, i realised that you all really really love your church and its such a good thing. Not that i dont love my church, but because i've been there for so long, its been such a routine for me. And btw, can i take yr vid for my blog too? Hee :D

MJ

Dawn said...

MJ, sure just take the vid :)
Well, mayb u might come over to our church soon, and also love it very much. Haha. Anyways that nite ah, the acoustics very poor from where I was sitting, so didn't manage to catch much of your flute playing. But from the bits I heard, it was good!