Friday, May 16, 2008

guilty pleasures


Dear dsd, olduvai and lena, I've finally used the Gramophone vouchers. Thank you. Dear bttm, I've used the Borders card. Thank you. What a wonderful set of music I have!
~ Albertine by Brooke Fraser (love her to bits)
~ Continuum by John Mayer (yum yum)
~ Untold by Marie Digby (still digesting)
~ We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things by Jason Mraz (on repeat mode!!!)
~ Plans by Death Cab For Cutie (thanks to TBK's dedication on facebook, if not I'd never have heard of them)

Whilst browsing the cds, I had plans to go shopping for clothes and shoes, the usual girly stuff. Then I thought of the earthquake victims in Sichuan, and I felt really really really bad for even entertaining such thoughts. Last night, as I watched Premier Wen Jiabao on CCTV consoling a crying young girl, my heart really went out to him. Today, as I read the news reports, I felt a huge pang of sadness and loss... Sad.

No comments: