Monday, December 03, 2007

Why is your life so happening???

"Why is your life so happening?"
That's what Sooty said just now over msn.
Hmm...actually it's true. I think my life is quite happening now. It's not clubbing-meet-lots-of-people happening (cos I don't club), but simply, happening.

The breakup has been good for me. I was way too comfortable in the world that I was in - just the two of us. I was feeling snug, cosy and safe. Until I was finally shaken out of that safety net and flung out. Life simply went on (more God-centred, which is good) and life just took a shape of its own. I didn't have to purposely cram it with stuff. All the good things just happened, and are still happening.

I must feel a lot friendlier and open to people nowadays I think. I have actually widened my personal space to include more of them, and I think they feel it. I can be the warm and amiable me, if I want to. And I'm doing this because of effort. Not contrived effort, but just normal effort, which comes more naturally now to a supposedly introverted me.

Like Sy Rogers says, I must take advantage of this season. And for now, I'm in season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, hurray for new beginnings! Yes, some men should be permanently flung out of our lives!

Dawn said...

dsd: MUAKS! hahaha love you girl!

sooty said...

my life is so unhappening compared to yours!!! i think i'm in that safe comfort zone you were in. plus work is so tiring that all i want to do when i have free time is to sleep and spend it with - myself. oh well....different seasons bring different needs and wants. enjoy your happening season girl!!! :) meet up soon ok so my life can be a teeny bit more happening haha!