Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Sorting Hat

On my Facebook, I have The Sorting Hat application. After doing the online test, I was sorted into the Gryffindor house, just like Harry Potter was.

One night, I happened to mention this to X who was staying late with me. She got really excited about it and decided to do The Sorting Hat test at once. I predicted she would be sorted into the Ravenclaw house, and I was right! I figured that since she was a person who prized logic in solving problems, she'd probably be the type who would be able to solve riddles like the brilliant Ravenclaws did in JK Rowling's book.

X then commented: "Maybe JK Rowling has invented a personality test somewhat like the DISC type of test."

And I thought, hey, why not?

Both of us, being very boh liao, then decided to start guessing which people we knew would be sorted into which houses. And interestingly, we came up with similar guesses. When we finally came to a particular person we both knew, we both burst out laughing because we realised that the person did not fit in any of the houses.

Immediately, X looked at me and said: "That's because she's muggle-born!!!"

Yeah. I know in the Harry Potter world, even muggle-borns can become wizards, and be sorted by The Sorting Hat. But you know what, this person would be the muggle-born who would never believe in witches and wizards. Blinded. And pretty darn daft, if you ask me. Am I glad she would never be sorted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading your entry, I went to try it out, heh. I'm in Ravenclaw.

Dawn said...

haha you are? hmm.... if you asked me to sort you... i think it would be between gryffindor and ravenclaw. you have some gryffindor too. hee.

Anonymous said...

I do hope so! Heh. But honestly, I think all of us have a bit of Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and even Slytherin in us. Depends on when, what, and with whom!

Anonymous said...

haha thats funny!! can send me the sorting hat too? how are you babe? heard you're not well. get better soon