Saturday, January 06, 2007

First trip out of Singapore in 2007


For the last six years, I've been saying I would like to visit belle's hometown in Batu Pahat, Malaysia, but I've never made it there. And she chides me for making empty promises. So I decided to do the next best thing: hang out for a day with her and her bf in Johor, where her bf lives.

My oh my, seems like the entire Singapore decided to head north together with me on the first day of Jan 2007! The Johor customs was SUPER crowded. And, because of the not very clever layout of the counters, I ended up joining a queue that I'd thought was moving the fastest, but was NOT. Because the counter was the furthest away from the other counters!!! I wasn't tall enough to see far enough beyond the crowds in front of me (see above pic), so I couldn't tell that my queue was actually very very long.


One big reason we could hang out together was cos belle got her new car - a grey Toyota Vios (see above pic). Heh heh heh. No car in Malaysia = very boring, cannot move around easily.


What an irony too, that a Malaysian got a car plate number with the letters SGP. SGP is sort of an acronym for Singapore. Apparently her car agent told her that these letters are very hot with Singaporeans. Not like she cares! I couldn't resist posing with her car, in front of the row of houses where her bf lives.


Of cos, we took pix in her bf's house too. Check out his huge collection of comics! Got ladder some more ok! Donch pray pray :)

1 comment:

belle said...

my bf complained that you only mentioned so little of his new house :P hahahaha... just kidding. hope you enjoyed the "trip" :)