Saturday, January 13, 2007

Back to school

Yes, I'm back to school. Back to a secondary school to conduct workshops for the Sec 1s, that is. I've forgotten how it's like to have to drag myself out of bed at 6am to reach school on time. Then again, it seemed much easier in the past to wake up for school. Now, it's simply sheer torture.

In just three consecutive days, I've encountered the most well-behaved class, as well as the most hyperactive class. In the hyperactive class, I had four girls and one boy who ended up crying! HIYOH!!! They were uncontrollable. Girl and boy push each other, girl cries. Boy plays with girl's wallet, ends up spoiling it, and girl cries. Two girls get gastric pains and cry. Big boy picks small boy up and spins him around on piggyback, only to have another boy push small boy down and small boys hits his knees on the ground and ends up crying.

In the end, hyperactive class has to go for pep talk with discipline master after the workshop. This, only on the 7th day of school. And I heard, on the 8th day of school, a group of boys from this class had to visit the discipline master again, cos they were too rowdy.

If I could have my way as principal of the school, I would love to divide this class of 40 up into two. They will definitely be more manageable, because their attention span is too short. Sigh...I pity the teacher! It's just impossible to handle so many of them at one time! Sometimes adminstrative constraints just prevent you to teach holistically...

2 comments:

RealLifeReading said...

wah you mean you have to be there when school starts? painful...

Dawn said...

yesh! sooo early....