Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I love my boys

I love the boys I counsel. They are such a fun bunch, and I often learn nuggets of wisdom from them. Like today...

15-year-old boy: "It's like there are 3 paths in front of me. One is the study path, one is the future path, one is the trouble path. Then I will think of the benefits of each path, starting from the one with the most benefits. Then I will choose which path I want to go on."

On another day, a 17-year-old boy was talking about how he would start studying harder when push comes to shove.

He said: "I choose to make my comfort zone smaller, and when that happens, I will feel pressure and feel like breaking out. But I know that only when I make my comfort zone smaller, then can I enjoy it being very big."

How profound. I had goosebumps hearing that.

Love talking with these boys. So therapeutic for me. Haha.

No comments: